Hello and thank you for your interest in our unique home art activity packs! These fun activities are designed by local artist and business owner, Kate Pepper. Kate and her husband, Charles Baughman, own The Art Park and teach people of all ages how to draw, paint and make creations with dozens of media in their hands-on classes at their studio.
However, not everyone can come to the studio so Kate has carefully designed these unique projects to do at home. Creative children ages 2-10 will all enjoy these activities. Each activity pack contains directions/photos to complete four projects, all materials and embellishments, a simple step by step drawing activity, coloring pages and or worksheets. Younger students will need some extra help from an adult. Older children will enjoy using the pieces to independently create their own version of the activities. The only supply you need to have at home is scissors!
Each activity pack contains supplies to complete four activities for one person and is $40.
Need more pieces of the same pack for another child? Add an identical second pack for only $20! Now everyone can join the fun!
Shipping is $10 per order, however curb side pick-up is available by contacting us at 316-683-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AVAIALBLE ACTIVITY PACKS:
Easter Pack – Hatching Chick, Easter Bunny Collage, 3D Felt Egg Craft, Nesting Bird
Backyard Bugs Pack I – Butterfly, Caterpillar, Ladybug, Honeybee
Backyard Bugs Pack II – Dragonfly, Beetle, Snail, Create a Bug
Rainbow Pack – Luna Moth, Rainbow, Rainbow Fish, Rainbow Butterfly
Pet Pack I – Spotted Dog, Calico Cat, Bunny, Parrot
Pet Pack II – Dachshund, Pink Kitten, Snake, Mouse
Pet Pack III – Poodle, Goldfish, Gecko, Lop Ear Bunny
Zoo Animals Pack I – Tiger, Zebra, Gorilla, Crocodile
Zoo Animals Pack II – Lion, Panda, Elephant, Giraffe
Zoo Animals Pack III – Koala, Peacock, Flamingo, Snake
Jungle Pack I – Parrot, Jaguar, Toucan, Boa
Jungle Pack II – Blue Morpho Butterfly, Monkey, Sloth, Tree Frog
Farm Pack I – Pig, Duck, Cow, Barn
Farm Pack II – Goat, Llama, Goose, Chicken
Farm Pack III – Sheep, Horse, Donkey, Farmer
SUGGESTED SUPPLIES TO HAVE ON HAND
All consumable art supplies needed for the project will be included in the kit, however, you may want these items as well:
1. Scissors are a must have!
2. Low-temp hot glue gun for embellishments such as buttons, pipe cleaners, large googly eyes, seashells, beads, etc. (Adult use only!)
3. Do-A-Dot sponge tip markers
4. A pad of multi-colored construction paper to make additional creations
5. Washable markers or crayons for drawing and adding details
6. Glitter glue for stars or sparkly areas
7. Kwik Stix solid tempera paint sticks
8. Pad of inexpensive drawing paper for the simple drawing exercises
1. The examples are mere guidelines–if your child has a different idea for the outcome, encourage them to go for it!
2. The younger your child, the more adult supervision they will need. We strongly recommend only adults use the low-temp hot glue gun, no matter the age of the child.
3. Some children may require your help, no matter what age, with the drawing exercises. We encourage you to sit beside your child and draw in a step-by-step guided fashion. Be patient and resist the urge to hold their hand and do it for them. Please remember: there is no right or wrong, better or best in art–everyone’s is simply different! Remind your child that it’s okay if their end result looks different than the example or yours. Different is good!
4. These lessons are lovingly made by hand by an artist/educator. Once in a while you may experience product variations or paper differences.
5. Sometimes we may send supplemental worksheets, coloring pages or activities as a bonus.
6. Have fun! Whether you do these lessons as a family, or your child does them independently, remember the goal is to have fun making art!